Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Ali - After the Final Rose: Ooooh, the Irony!

So, um, is it just me or does Ali NOT see that what her and Frank did is essentially the same thing?  She did say on the last episode that she knew all along that Roberto was the one for her, so why then, wait until the last date to decide Chris wasn't?   I can relate to what Frank did.  Sometimes, you just think you're over something and then bam! it creeps up and bites you in the butt when you are least expecting it.  I really feel he had nothing other than the intention to resolve his inner turmoil when he went to Chicago to see his ex.  Maybe it was his emotional cop out, but maybe not.  Maybe it was just a revelation.  Whatever it was, at least he had the nerve to show up and tell her when he did, similar to Ali having the nerve to telling Chris when she had the revelation that Roberto was "the One".  Please...no throwing stones when you live in glass houses...

Oh no...do they really have to bring Chris back on?!  Do they really have to make him witness the whole thing all over again with his little face superimposed on his heartbreak?  Agh!  Oh God...the rainbow.  I can't keep it together.  No, seriously, I can't.  Waaaahhhhh!!!!!  Don't you ever wonder if when the "couple" breaks up they go searching for the one they left behind? How cheesy.  Stay gold, Chris...stay gold! Hahahahaha.

Ahhh, the happy couple.  Can Ali please stop saying how he's "too good" for her?  What the hell kind of message is that to send to the girls of America? Is that really what she thinks of herself?  I think that is my biggest beef with her and this season.  That and her overuse of the phrase "unbelievable man" when referring to any one of the 25 bachelors, Chris and Roberto included.  Oh wait, one more:  the whole "I've sacrificed everything" bit.  Oy.  

So, after seeing them together I can see the love.  I'm happy for them.  I'm still cynical and will have my eyes glued to the grocery store magazines to see the latest gossip, but I'm happy for them.  I hope they become another Trista and Ryan and actually make it.  I don't know when I turned into such a pessimist when it comes to love and am anxiously awaiting another Bachelor couple to prove me wrong. 

So, what's next?  The Bachelor Pad?  Woo hoooo!




8 comments:

Valkyrie said...

Oh, I totally forgot about the rainbow shit. That was totally wwwaaaahhhhh worthy! Wow. I totally believe in stuff like that, and I absolutely believe that was his mom telling him he's been set free and it was a good thing. That was awesome. I like Chris. I'm sure there is a nice boring woman out there who will love him devotedly.

And hey yeah! Good point about what she did being the equivalent of what the Frankster did. And Frank...what a fucking wiener! I'm so pissed he didn't show up on the After the Rose show. Fucker.

Valkyrie said...

I don't see love in her eyes. I see the gaga, the lust, the IDEA of him. I read on her blog today that she bought the Rosetta Stone to learn the Spanishes. JAJAAJAAJAAJA Can't wait to find out how *that* goes.

Jodi said...

I am absolutely in STITCHES that she bought Rosetta Stone!!!!!! Jajajajajajajajajaja! You are so right, it is totally the lust. But I agree with Andrea, I really want them to work. And I want Chris to find someone. Tenley? She was pretty boring.

Fucking Bachelor Pad! So freaking EXCITED!!!!

That rainbow had me totally crying, too. I love Chris and his tat and his dad and his dog and his VOICE.

But Roberto makes me totally twitterpated, like bad.

Frank, Frank, Frank. I never got any of the fuss over any of it. I could take him or leave him. Actually, in the guys reunite episode when they showed the outtakes he seemed pretty funny. But his little eyes freaked me out. I think that he had some legit feelings for Ali but he also had feelings for Nicole or whatever her name is. And I think that he knew that Nicole was a sure thing. He only had a one in four chance with Ali.

Gringa said...

"And I think that he knew that Nicole was a sure thing. He only had a one in four chance with Ali."

Chode nailed it. Frank was too insecure to finish the process, so he ran back to the sure thing. I don't think it showed integrity, and I don't think it was true love. I think it was him being a fucking sissy lameass.

Anonymous said...

Hysterical! I'm skeptical when it comes to any of these relationships resulting from a reality show. The track record speaks for itslef when it comes to whether they last or not. The real relationship begins when their lives go back to some sort of normalcy, until then its all fairytale, infatuation and lust!...I do kinda hope they stay together though because I like them as a couple, they kinda remind me of kelly ripa and mark consuelos (more so Roberto/Mark than Ali/Kelly)
-Simone-

Little Miss Me said...

Effen Rosetta Stone. Buahahahahaha! I guess I just don't see the problem in him not going through with 1 to 4 odds. A 25% chance for a man who wants to only do this once aren't really good odds. For his sake, I hope Nicole was just a "sure thing" because if not, he's got some serious explaining to do with respect to how he can get past her GINORMOUS nose!

Do you think Chris needs a boring girl?? I really don't get that. I actually think he is freaking hysterical in a very dry, sarcastic way. Any time they showed the extra clips with him, he was hilarious. And, he lived in Manhattan. And he's a (*swoon*) teacher!! How can that be boring?! He may be too picture perfect, but no, not Tenley!

Gringa said...

I don't believe Frank is only going to "do it once." I think that's his line, and he's full of shit. And he has rat eyes. But anyway.

I think Chris is totally boring. But you bring up an interesting point--he was boring when he was with HER. He *was* funny in those outtakes, when she wasn't around. Hhhhmmmmm Verrry interesting.

Nicole was like...whoa. WTF? But he has little beady rodent eyes, so who's he to want better?

Oh, and ALSO, I really honestly positively think she was going to pick Frank at the end, and Roberto is her second choice.

Jodi said...

Yeah, Chris was for sure more exciting without her. Like even when he was around her family. And the outtakes he was HILARIOUS! Chris is a TEACHER? Awwwww, I love him!

Frank does have beady eyes, I don't like that.

Nicole was a very unfortunate looking girl.