Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Ali - Episode 10: First Impressions are Hard to Shake

First, let me say I want to punch Ali in the fucking face.  Second, let me say how happy I am I never have to see her annoying puppy eyes and hear her Fran Drescher voice while she's saying some complete and utter gibberish.  Third, let me say that it's a good thing that a) I'm in love with someone else and b) I've tamed my stalkerish qualities because if not, I'd have to be on the next plane to Cape Cod to find Chris myself.  And finally, let me say that Chris Harrison probably makes bucketloads of cash in Vegas with that poker face!!  Wow can that guy keep a straight face!!

Ugh.  I should be happy that she didn't pick Chris because all along, I've felt that he's just too great of a guy to end up as another Bachelor/ette casualty.  I'll probably feel that way tomorrow. But ugh. ugh. ugh!! Who, in their right mind, would ever let Chris go?! 

Let's recap.  First family date was with Roberto.  Does Ali's sister really have to say "Roh-ber-toh" in her really bad spanish accent?  Can I be the first hispanic on record saying we really don't give points for trying?  Ok, that's mean.  I'm bitter.  Forgive me.  So clearly, Ali got all the pretty genes in the family.  Alright, mean again...  How awkward must all that be for the dad, huh?  I just felt so uncomfortable for him the whole time.  Here's a couple guys you know are banging your daughter who you've never met and who are asking for your blessing to marry her?!  Mmmmmkay.  So, Ali kept telling us how much her family LOVED Roberto and how he "fit right in" and I don't know, I just didn't get that vibe at all.  I mean, not that I feel he didn't fit in, per se, but he wasn't the missing piece to their puzzle or anything.  Maybe I'm reading too much into the whole thing, but I see much more difficulty in the future of the union than the made for TV love story we've subjected ourselves to.  

Can I please wax Ali's brother's eyebrows? 

Chris gets the second family date, and to no one's surprise, they adore him.  Why?  My guess would be, aside from being the dreamiest of dreamies, is that he's a grown up.  I go back to Roberto being 26, just out of minor league ball, living in Charleston, SC, and being a horny little fucker.  That's GREAT for Mr. Right Now.  Not so great for Mr. Right.  So, the question is, can Mr. Right Now turn into Mr. Right?  I don't know.  Maybe.  I remember a time when my husband was Mr. Right Now.  Probably a few times.  I remember falling in lust with a whole slew of men (not all at the same time) hoping that they'd make the transition, and usually falling short.  And, it's not that I think long lasting love should be void of fireworks, because I absolutely don't.  But I also think there's a lot to be said for slow and steady.  To me, there was nothing boring about Chris.  Just a lot of practicality.  Practicality is the new black for me, especially as I sit here trying to figure out how we're paying the mortgage this month or how I'm trying to work through not liking the man I love very much today.  Tomorrow's a new day.  

Then again, I also realize we are where we are because we got piss drunk at 5 o'clock on some random Friday at Monty's on the Beach while taking lemon drop shots with beer chasers.  Talk about fireworks.  The rest is history.  

I really didn't get Ali's dad's point on Chris.  He lost me.  I was much more in tune with what Ali's sister was saying.  Go, Ali's sister.  Dude, they look nothing alike.  None of them!  So weird.  Not even a slight resemblance.   

Last date number 1 - Roberto.  Oh, the infamous gift scene.  Always so awkward because you know that gift is going in the garbage if she picks someone else.  Can someone tell Roberto he has a really, really bad sweating problem??  Do you guys think the producers pick random pictures to be framed on these remote locations and then offer them up as final gifts?  Roberto has very nice handwriting.  That right there will make my knees buckle.  If there's one common thread between the men I've loved it's been nice handwriting.  *swoon*.

Last date number 2.   Ahhhh, the moment of truth.  I have to give it to her.  I have to tip my hat to Ali and congratulate her for being one classy lady.  There's a lot to be said for not going into the Final Rose "not knowing" who you're going to pick.  Really, what you don't know is who's going to pick you back.  And I do admire her for letting go of her safety net to spite his feelings.  If I wasn't so heartbroken for him, I would probably feel much more warm and fuzzy towards her for it, but I can't right now.  Cut me some slack, I just finished watching.  

I don't have any doubts that Chris will be ok.  What I really hope for him is that he goes back to his life in Cape Cod, never to be seen again.  I would be disappointed if he became a fame whore.  I want him to disappear just like Reid from Philadelphia.  Not because I won't miss him, but because I'm pretty sure he'll be just fine and even better if he just goes back to being Chris the Landscaper with the chocolate lab and the perfect dad.  Chris, me and more than half of America love you.  I know, I know...what a consolation.

Did you guys totally chuckle when Roberto turns to Neil Lane and says "I know you know how I feel, Neil".  Um, why no, Roberto, actually, I don't!  Buahahahahaha!  Roberto totally flipped out.  I thought he was going to have a nervous breakdown and it is so amazing to me to see the fight or flight response in other people.  He went from picking a ring to "I'm not going to do anything that doesn't feel right blah blah blah".  Poor guy.  

Loved loved loved the wide collar on his shirt.  And he gets extra points ala Valkyrie's scoring system for wearing flat front pants.  A few points deducted for the shoes.  And a few more added for the sleek navy blue suit.  

In the end, I was much more emotional about Elton John having sold out to The Bachelorette than I was about the proposal.  

Signing off, 

Team Chris.   

10 comments:

Valkyrie said...

OMG, I was totally saying that to Daniel. I would be pissed if I were Ali's sister because she hogged all the thin pretty genes. Bitch. hahaahaa!

When I first met Daniel, of course he says his name like a Spanish speaking person would say Daniel, which sounds like the American girl name Danielle. Always the same reaction from gringos when Daniel says his name correctly. So finally he gave up, and now he tells gringos his name is DAN-YUhL. jajaajajaaja

Valkyrie said...

I'm reading then commenting so I don't forget what I want to address. So yeah, I totally got the AWKWARD vibe when Roberto was with her family. Not only awkward, but I think her mom got a huge CRUSH on him. You don't get it because you take the Latin lovers for granted, but you have no idea the power they have over gringas, young and old alike. Her mom didn't stand a chance. I felt embarrassed for her.

And yeah, exactly. Chris is mature, a MAN, an adult. Roberto is definitely adorable. Like the puppy he is. He is really, really young. He'll totally be my type when he's about 40. He was just too boyish for my taste. But whatev. Clearly, Ali caught the brown ball fever. That's some serious shit. Once you catch it, there's no going back.

Valkyrie said...

All I could think when Ali went and dumped Chris that day was, "Whoa, Robert-oh fucked her GGOOOOODDDD last night." She was giddy. And it was obvious she was trying really, really hard to make herself cry so she wouldn't look like an asshole.

Jodi said...

Andrea, you and I shared a freaking brain throughout this whole post, like whoa man.

I am cracking up at brown ball fever and Roberto fucking her goooooooood last night! LMAO!!!!!

This is going to be all over the place....

WTH? Uh yeah, nice Elton john song at the end. Isn't that the song from the Lion King soundtrack. Hey, Roberto kinda reminds me of an older, adolescent Simba. Maybe it's a Disny/ABC thing?

James and I were wondering the same thing about Ali and her siblings looking NOTHING alike. But my sister and I look nothing alike either - come to think of it, none of us look like the other!

Why did the mom jump in the water with her pants on? James and rewound that part about 5 times because he thought she was wearing some kind of bicycle shorts, jajajajaja!

Anonymous said...

You all have me LMAO!
Agree that Ali's siblings look NOTHING like her in fact I'm convinced they're adopted and Ali's sister wants Chris but can't blame her.

Also agree that Chris is far more mature and marriage ready than Roberto but I think Ali was just soooo in awe with Roberto and the opportunity to be with a Latino man...who she has probably never dated... none of the other guys ever really had a chance, especially after he tapped that ass good...she was hooked! lol!

OMG Roberto has some serious sweat gland issues plus they made him walk up all those stairs to get to her...poor guy!

Chris abosultely clicked with her family on all levels and her sister was especially smitten with him but again Chris had no chance given Ali was sex whopped by Roberto.For her Roberto is eye candy and then some, she is riding that saddle every chance she gets for sure...brown ball fever! lol!
-Simone-

Little Miss Me said...

Woo hoooo! Simone's in the house!

Valk, you had me up all night wondering if white guys have different color balls! hahahaha! I kept wanting to do an inspection at 2 in the morning but my book light gave off too much of a shadow. You need to patent that line and make it into a bumper sticker: "Brown Ball Fever". Loving it.

After reading Valk's comment about seeing lust in her eyes, I think I agree. She seemed super duper uncomfortable when Chris H asked her about their marriage plans. And Jodi, you are right, ultimately, I am sooo happy she didn't pick Chris because when Roberto and her break up, he will have no problem getting pussy wherever he wants it. I don't think Chris has any problems either, but I think he takes it more to heart. Or maybe not. We have to wait and see for one of his exes to sell out to one of the gossip mags. Totally buying that issue!

Jode, you look just like your sister you NUT!

And Ali is thin *now*. But those knock knees and funny body shape tell a different story, my friends...

Little Miss Me said...

I am still totally convinced that Roberto laid down the pipe on their very first date on that rooftop. POSITIVE of it.

I think he's Puerto Rican. The Ricans have girth. I mean, what?

Gringa said...

Hahaaha Simone--you can use the "brown ball fever" and I'm going to use your "sex whopped." Awesome! I like that.

Is he really Puerto Rican or are you guessing? Girth huh? Hhhhhmmmmm *taking notes*

Anonymous said...

I had Ray come in and review tape. His final determination was that he was drinking a Coors Light. He says only the Ricans drink Coors Light. Don't tell the mounyain tops of Colorado... :-P

Jodi said...

Another (alleged) appeal to Roberto was that they may have some possible connections from their pasts. Like she may have seen a few times in college or something. (That info is courtesy of US Weekly, yo.)

The sister probably did have a crushie-poo on Chris, good call!

Fuck, dudettes, I had more to say but then James turned on Dog the Bounty Hunter and he and Beth are in a fight. Now, I'm all distracted and stuff. HOLY SHIT, she cuts off the end of her black, leather gloves to accommodate her GINORMOUS, acrylic nails. Now, *that* is dedication to your nails, ladies.