Monday, February 1, 2010

Sometimes, I just need a brain rotting break.

I'm tired...like, all the time.  I spend all day worried about my babies and worried about other people's babies.  I'm really bad about cleaning my house and always feel guilty about that.  The only quiet time I have is in my car, where I choose to listen to NPR on good days, and am at the mercy of the demands of my two munchkin DJs most other days.  Sometimes, it's ok and I get Beat It and I Love Rock and Roll.  Other times, it's Barney.  Over and over and over again.

It's no wonder when nighttime falls, all I want to do is disconnect.  I spend political season watching MSNBC for rallying and Fox News for intel, but the rest of the time, I lay in bed taking in every second of horrible reality TV I can get my hands on.  I don't care how many times my husband tries to dissuade me, it's my guilty pleasure and I'm holding strong.  I am Woman, Hear me Roar. 

So, c'mon Bachelor and Jersey Shore, Teen Mom and the Kardashians...  I'm anxiously awaiting for your next move...

But first, I need to know....what, exactly, does "scripted reality" mean?  Is it real? Or is it scripted?  I feel like I ask this question ALL.THE.TIME because I just don't get it.  Does that mean they do retakes?  And the directors tell them, "ok, say this?" or does that mean that if the cameraman was taking a shit while something good happened, he comes back and says, "do it again!".  The latter happens all the time on Kardashians.  One minute, Kim has no make up...then, same scene, next minute, she's fully made up.  Sometimes I wonder if she knows how beautiful she is?  Does she need to wear THAT much make up every.single.day?  Really, she doesn't.  So why does she? 


Anyway, scripted reality?? What's the deal?

No comments: