Sunday, February 7, 2010

Teen Mom- Check Up with Dr. Drew

Let me just say I'm nervous posting about Teen Mom because I know you girls have been watching the show forever and I am definitely late to the party.  But of course, that does not prevent me from having some serious opinions about it all.  I think the first episode I saw was when Farrah was dating the black football player.

So the season is over and the babies are one and wow!  they are still all the fucking same.  Let's start with Amber...

Oh, Amber, Amber, Amber...  you are re-fucking-pulsive.  You seriously make my stomach turn and when I sit there and watch your lazy ass complain about Gary, I struggle to understand.  I don't understand what the fuck you are bitching about because I don't know how you, with a straight face, can sit there and complain he doesn't help you when he is your little bitch.  Hmmm, let's see... you manage to have him paying for every single one of your bills while you sit home and do what, exactly?  Then somehow you get him to move out of his OWN FUCKING APARTMENT so that you could have a place to live and then you continue to demand that he pay all your bills and support you?  I think somewhere, you missed the whole part about it being a "reality" show.  Because the sweet deal you've worked out is so not reality.  Reality would have kicked your ass to the curb and would have had you doing anything to support that beautiful baby girl.  And then you're the one who doesn't stop screaming and you have the nerve to say it's cause of Gary?  I totally get that self-reflection comes with maturity and I thank you for illustrating that point perfectly.  

I mean, if you were bitching about sweet Gary and his overly tight shirts accentuating his man titties, I'd be high fiving, but no, no, you aren't.  *shrug*

Then there's Maci.  What can anyone say bad about Maci?  So together, so strong, so connected to her gorgeous baby boy.  She amazes me and inspires me to no end.  Such an old, sweet soul.  What a lucky baby that cute little boy is to have a mom like her.  Here is where I lose you guys...
I don't think Ryan is an ass.  *ducks head and runs*.  I know, I know.  And, I'm sorry.  But I don't.  I mean, I don't think he's a stellar citizen or anything, but when I look at him (aside from the night he left her home for hours while he hooked up with ugly blondes), I see a boy who's afraid and lost and overwhelmed.  He has no idea how to provide for his baby or his girlfriend who he loves and he, like most men, has shut down emotionally.  He'll pay for it when it's too late for him to fix anything.  And I really do hope they take Dr. Drew's advice and get help, but right now, Maci's shut down, too and they've got to want it.  But I'm rooting for them.  

I'm in the mood to do another great one, so let's discuss Caitlyn.  Oh my, I am so happy I wasn't watching the show when they went through with the adoption.  My heart hurts just thinking about it.  And I felt so bad for her when I watched those episodes where she was in a mental frenzy worried about that baby and thinking about how she's doing.  I just can't imagine it all. Her and Tyler are such a grounded couple and I was so happy when he proposed.  You know, I really don't believe in teenage love ever working out, but if anyone has a chance, it's them.  I hope we get to see them as parents one day because their baby will be so freaking lucky.

Grrrrrrr! Farrah!!!!!!!!!   I was really, really infuriated watching all those episodes when she just left her baby to go party.  I am kind of pissed that no one really put her hand to the fire on the Check-Up show.  Someone needed to say without letting her squirm her way out of it or try to blame her mother that she DID leave her a lot and she's LUCKY she has her mom, as annoying as her voice and constant calmness is.  So many times did I wish that annoying mom would just slap her across the face.  Ugh and when she calls her dad by his first name???  Ew.  I was so proud of her sister for telling her that she's never with Sophia.  Because um, she's never with Sophia.  Derrr.  But seriously, I couldn't believe her shitty attitude when she sat there victimizing herself and blaming everyone else for her fucking troubles.  You have a healthy, happy baby girl.  You are going to school and are about to graduate and you have a job. Not to mention you don't pay for SHIT because your parents totally have your back.  Explain to me, exactly, how you're the victim?  

So that's it!  I am watching the previews for 16 & Pregnant but they all look so damn trailer trashy that I just don't know if I can watch.  I really hope they keep tabs on these moms though because there isn't an episode where I don't cry watching them and I really want to hear they've all made it. 

 

5 comments:

Valkyrie said...

Amber is a disgusting human being for sure. And she is abusive. There is no way around that. And yeah, I would like to know WTF she does. She goes to school six hours a WEEK. What does she do the rest of the time? She blames Gary for trashing the apartment, but when it was just her, it was *still trashed.* I'm thinking it's not just Gary. I think they are both lazy slobs, and I hate the way they stick a bottle in the baby's mouth every time she makes a peep. They just want to shut her up. That baby is doomed to obesity.

Maci is exquisite.

Maybe you didn't see the episode where Maci worked until two in the morning, while Ryan did what? Nothing. And when the baby cried at seven, he tried to shove her out of bed to get the baby even though she had worked for half the night. Finally, he throws a temper tantrum and gets out of bed. Was it to take care of the baby though? No. He left the house in a huff because Maci had THE NERVE to ask him to pull his weight as a father. I don't think he loves her. I don't think he knows what it means to love her. She is so stricken with conscience that his parents pay for so much of the baby's things, but does he give a shit? No. He is an asshole. Having the baby matured Maci, but he is still trying to act like he doesn't have responsibilities. Just like Farrah. I hate him. The hate I have for him is inversely proportionate to the love I have for Maci.

WTF is up with Farrah calling her father by his first name? And WTF would she use the nuva ring as a BC method instead of something she can keep truly discrete, like the pill or an IUD? She wants to create drama. She's an idiot. But I also saw her making an effort to spend more time with her baby, and when she *is* with her baby, she treats her very affectionately. So I have mixed feelings for her. Plus, like I said (it was either your blog or Chode's), I hold a grudge against her mom because her mom told Farrah not to breastfeed because it would "ruin" Farrah's breasts. That super pissed me off.

Jodi said...

God, I love you, two.

Amber. Fucking dumb bitch. Did anyone notice the sloppy, DANGEROUS way she had her strapped into the carseat? Holy shit! Gary and his man bewbs are gross but he just *might* be the better parent. And his mom is yucky but I think she had some valid points. Amber's eyes actually scare me, they're so slitty and evil looking. Ew. She does shove a bottle in the baby's mouth every chance she gets and lets her wet through her diaper ALL THE TIME. WTF?

I have to give Valk a big "word" about Maci and Ryan. The example of Ryan being a HUGE dick the night she worked till 2am is just one of at least three or four times he did shit like that. He told her she was too lazy to finish school while he does NOTHING all day long. She is a good mama and I love how she cannot even talk about Bentley without tearing up. I hope for his sake they can work it out or at least that Ryan starts participating in the baby's life but its doubtful.

Catelynn. Our sweet Catelynn and Tyler. How rad are they? Andrea, if you get a chance to go back and watch the season of 16 and Pregnant, DO IT. You will love them even more. Tyler writes this letter to Carly before she is born that will RIP your heart out. I think if ever there was a chance in hell of a teenage relationship working out, those two have it. I was glad her mom came around at the end and was able to give her a little support.

Fucking Farrah. At first, I wanted to beat the ever-living shit out of her. But now the jury is out. I'm sad that she leaves that little baby with her mom so much, and that she thinks that she has some fucking *right* to still live her life as a "regular" teen. (BTW, what fucking teen is allowed to go out every single freaking night - baby or not?) And like Valk said, I lost ALL respect for the mom when she made that stupid fucking remark about breastfeeding. The OB goes, "Um breastfeeding doesn't "ruin" your breasts - pregnancy does." Farrah does seem to be coming around and making better choices but we'll see, I guess. I wonder if they are going to do a third season with them?

I will definitely tune in for the new 16 and Pregnant. Apparently, I just can't get enough!

Valkyrie said...

Check it out!

http://www.tmz.com/2010/01/18/mtv-teen-mon-domestic-abuse-violence-arrest-mug-shot/

Little Miss Me said...

muahahahahahahahahaaaaaaa!

How is that domestic violence? She finally grew a backbone and slapped her daughter. I'm all for it.

I'm so glad I didn't see the part about the breastfeeding because I would have hated her, too, but all I have ever seen is her be more than supportive of her daughter. The only thing that makes me cringe sometimes is that the mom seems like she wants to be the mom of Sophia and that's a big no-no in my book.

I know, I know, I know...Ryan's an ass! I did see the episode where he refused to wake up even though she worked til so late and I wanted to kick him in the mouth when he said she was a lazy ass for quitting school when he doesn't help. Believe me, I get it. But I still don't hate him. It could be that I find him damn sexy and my hormones are getting in the way of my better judgment...hahahahahahhahaha! No, honestly, I get frustrated with her (and it is NOT her fault) when she doesn't speak up. She just totally shuts down instead of calling him on his BS. I wish she would just go OFF on him already.

What about his parents? I mean, in the few episodes I've seen, they seem like such great people. Do they know he's acting like a douchebag? I still don't hate him. I am rooting for him and hoping he gets his shit together.

Why didn't Maci breastfeed? She would totally be a breastfeeder, you know? She is such a freaking amazing mom. I think I don't hate him so much because regardless of it all, she's still so amazing. It's as if Bentley isn't missing a thing. I just can't hate a guy when his shit attitude has done nothing but made her stronger, made her more of an amazing person. If he wasn't such a loser, would she have risen to the occasion? I guess I just feel like people like that either bring you down or propel you forward and the decision is all yours and only yours and he can never take anything away from her for it. I guess I think his own reality is enough punishment. And I also think he's probably a capricorn or a cancer. muahaha!

Valkyrie said...

Hhhmmmm, I wonder why Maci didn't breastfeed. Out of all of them, I'd definitely think she would. She really is a great mama.

I'll bet Ryan is a Cancer. I have an unending burning hatred for Cancers. :-D